A Founder’s Thoughts with D.J. Lewis (08/05/2020)

Hey guys! Hopefully you all are doing well and staying safe. Honestly this week has been rather crazy to say the least; starting with our beloved blog shutting down unintentionally for a week due to several technical issues regarding our domain name. Now that we’re back in full swing, we can now pick up where we left off on our posts. I’m not sure how you guys feel with where we are in the world, but like I’ve said before in my last post; I really, REALLY want this nightmare to end!

September will be here in three-and-a-half weeks, and now we’re trying to decide if we should send the kids back to school, or keep in-school learning on the ‘digital route’ a little while longer. November will be the deciding factor if we collectively come together as one nation to start a new beginning for America, or face the apocalypse of racial equality. Yeah, I’ve seen the reactions to the #BlackLivesMatter moment on twitter through many anime fans and VA’s who feel the same way that I do about racial equality.

Sadly, some of us are still asleep on the issue, while many of us have ‘cancelled’ the very people and communities that we once have called home because of where we stand. It’s funny how some fans say that they love/admire the work of their favorite VA’s; but the moment they make the choice to fight for what is right (like racial equality and anti-discrimination) by announcing how they feel about it on their socials, they drop em’ like a bad habit! I’ll say this about the anime community; 80% of us are decent human beings who believe that Black and Brown lives count for ALL lives, and that we show love and support for our passion for anime, the voice actors, and love and kindness towards one another. It’s the other 20% that you gotta look out for; many of which are in ‘You Know Who’s’ cult-driven fanbase. I’ve seen the tweets.

It’s depressing to my own heart and soul to see all that has happened since May, but I’m cautiously optimistic that our prayers will be answered. It’s hard to have hope when all you feel is despair, but these are the times where we gotta keep our friends and loved ones close. When things do return to ‘normal’, it won’t be the normal that we’re all used to. Hopefully this ‘new normal’ will allow us to come together like never before. We need to stop fighting, and start loving!

That’s all.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s