Welcome to D&A Anime Blog; a place where fans of Anime and Manga can relax, chill, and talk about their favorite characters and shows! We’ve got a big variety of fun and exciting things for you guys to do here; such as our Cosplay Hall, Cons Near U, Miscellany Monday, Throwback Thursday, Anime and Manga Trivia, D&A Friday’s, Slash Saturdays, D&A Fanfiction, D&A Videos, and so much More! If you want to know the full story of how we came to be and what our overall mission is, check out our special origin story here.
D&A ANIME BLOG RULES
Before you take off into the blog’s wild blue yonder, we’ve gotta few ground rules that you guys have to follow:
K.I.C. (Keep It Clean) – Just because most of the shows we watch are dirty, doesn’t mean your language has to be. In other words; no verbal abuse, no harassment of any kind, and no R-rated profanity.
N.A. (No Arguing) – Beware…there are lots of monsters about on the web, and some of them can cause trouble in paradise. That being said; there is to absolutely be no fighting/arguing on this blog/site allowed. (Any Batman vs. Superman arguments are DEFINITELY not allowed on this site!)
H.F. (Have Fun) – You don’t need us to tell you that! 🙂
If you have any questions or comments for us, just let us know on our Contact Us page. We will do our best to answer then as soon as we can!
D&A ANIME BLOG SPECIAL: D&A’S FILLER POSTS
If you love some of the Filler Posts that we’ve been doing so far, you now get the chance to read them again through these awesome links! Some of them are informative while others are just for fun, but these posts are just our way of saying “Thank You” for supporting us, and this awesome anime blog! You can find these awesome posts on our category Master Links below! 🙂
Filler Post Category: Master Links
- Master Link: D&A’s Crunchyroll Spotlight Series
- Master Link: Anime Convention & Cosplay Tips
- Master Link: D&A’s Top 10 List
- Master Link: D&A’s Voice Actor Spotlight
- Master Link: D&A’s Top 5 List
- Video Master Link: Anime Convention Highlights
Looking for topics that are a little different than what our Master Links provide? Then check out our Alternative Filler Posts down below!
Filler Post Category: Alternative Filler Posts
- The 5 Characters That You’ll See in Every Rom-Com Anime
- Hit or Miss: Hollywood Producing Live-Action Anime Films
- The (Brief) History of the Dragon Ball Z Trading Card Game
- The 5 Anime Titles That Break The Fourth Wall
- 5 Reasons Why You Should DJ an Anime Convention
- The 5 Recipes From “Food Wars” You Can Make at Home
- 5 Common Reasons Why Most Fans Drop Certain Shows
- The 7 Types of Dancers You’ll See at a Con Rave!
- The 7 Myths About Voice Acting!
- 7 Things You Didn’t Know About Vegeta!
- 7 Things You Didn’t Know About Broly!
- 5 Things You Didn’t Know About Junko Enoshima
- 5 Signs That Will Tell You If You’re In a ‘Dying’ Fandom
- 10 Zones That Gave 90’s Sonic Fans Nostalgic Feels
- 10 Things You Didn’t Know About D&A’s Founders
- A Brief History About Memes (And Why They Exist)!
- Hard Times: The Ice Cap Zone Story
- Sometimes, It’s Okay to be The Underdog…
- D&A Breakdown: Nerd vs. Geek
- D&A Breakdown: Otaku vs. Weeaboo
- D&A Breakdown: Trope vs. Cliche’
- A Brief History of Hatsune Miku (as told by D&A)!
- Fooly Cooly: What is it, and Why is it so Popular?
- Quick Question…What’s Anime?
- What’s So ‘Epic’ About Pop Team Epic?
- Where’s the Love? The 5 Benefits to Dating an Otaku
- Shimoneta: The History of Censorship in Japan
- Funny or Cruel: Slapstick Comedy in Anime
- The 4 Things That Can Make-or-Break an Anime Series
- Paper Mario: The Pit of 100 Trials, and How to Survive It
- The Pros and Cons of Anime Fandoms
- The 3 Things Every Anime Reviewer Must Do
- Anime Fanservice: Beautiful blessing, or horrible curse?
- The Past, Present, and Future of Sonic the Hedgehog
- D&A’s Tips on How To Write Better Fanfiction
- Danganronpa: Hope & Despair From D.J. Lewis’ Point of View
- The 5 Things You Should Never Do While Visiting Japan
- The 5 Life Lessons you’ll Learn From Watching Anime
- NEET Freak: 5 Anime Titles Centered Around Otaku Life
- The 5 Hurdles that the Average Anime and Manga Fan Faces
- Guess What World?! Nerds Turn Up Too!!
If you’re looking for anime titles that are not as mainstream, and delicious Japanese snacks, treats, and drinks, then Miscellany Monday is the place to be! Every Monday we review and talk about various lesser-known anime titles that you may, or may not have known about. We also talk about various foods, drinks and snacks from Japan, and where you’ll be able to find them.
Miscellany Monday Pages
The first sub-page of our Miscellany Monday drop down menu. This is where we review some lesser-known anime titles that we happen to come across on the internet! If you want to see which titles we’ve reviewed or which ones you want us to review, then this is where you’re going to find them! 🙂
The second sub-page of the drop down menu. This is where we talk about and review some of the most delicious snacks and treats that you’ll find when traveling to Japan. You never want to leave this planet and not try any of the awesome cuisine that you can find in the Land of the Rising Sun!
Cosplay Hall is a drop down menu filled with hundreds of cosplay photos that we’ve taken at various anime conventions; such as Otakon and Zenkaikon! If you want your cosplay picture posted on our blog, just let us know on our Contact Us page. There are more anime convention cosplay pages coming soon!
Cosplay Hall Pages
Cons Near U is a drop down menu filled with six geographical locations of where you can find the nearest con in your area. We also post the month, date, city, state, and year of when each con happens. You don’t have to limit yourself to just one anime convention a year, so go to as many as you can so that you’ll be able to enjoy the con experience over, and over again! 🙂
Cons Near U Pages
Throwback Thursday is the place to be if you’re a fan of old school anime! We review titles from the 60’s, 70’s, 80’s, and 90’s, as we take a trip down memory lane the way only we can! All you gotta do is sit back and enjoy the ride!
Throwback Thursday Pages
D&A Friday’s is our most popular drop down menu segment of our blog! It features anime title reviews for both current and upcoming shows, as well as introduces both anime and manga trivia on our Twitter page! You can also read our manga and anime OVA reviews as well. If you have any requests for titles that we should review, just send them to our Contact Us page! (**This page is Archived**)
D&A Friday’s Pages
Slash Saturday is where the samurai of the Edo Period come to play! We review samurai anime titles as well as induct some of the most powerful men and women of the Edo Period in our Samurai Hall of Fame! (**This page is Archived**)
Slash Saturday Pages
This drop down menu is for anyone who is a diehard Toonami fan! If you’re a 90’s kid (like us) then you know that this programming block was the absolute highlight of your childhood. If you wanna check out the 20 year history of the greatest action cartoon block in all of North America, then this will be the place to start! 😉
Toonami Legacy Pages
- Toonami: The Legacy: Toonami Timeline
- Toonami: The Legacy: Ultimate Promo (Coming Soon!)
We’ve also got a fanfiction drop down menu if you want to read some of the latest fanfiction stories from Cool November (the fanfiction pin name for Yours Truly). Many of these stories are rated between Teen (13 and up) and Mature (18+). Current fanfiction stories are posted below.
D&A Fanfiction Pages
- D&A Fanfiction: Sonikkubitodaun: Daten City (Coming Soon!)
- D&A Fanfiction: Untitled Fanfiction (Coming Soon!)
For those who have a taste for some original music, we’ve got a brand new upcoming segment where fans can listen to some awesome tracks and DJ mixes from DJ/Producer NORRMALIZE (aka, Donte’ Lewis). COMING SOON!!
We hope you have an awesome time coming to the blog, and remember: if you make D&A a part of you, we’ll make you a part of us!
**Disclaimer: We at D&A Anime Blog do not own any of the anime related content that is posted on this blog. (Except for any logos, banners and Youtube content produced by us.) We give full credit and thanks to the anime production studios in Japan, as well as to all North American anime distribution companies here in the United States.**